Audit and Budget Chair
Region VIII Audit and Budget Chair
- Work with the Region VIII Treasurer to prepare the annual budget for the Region. Audit Region VIII finances annually
TERM OF OFFICE
- 1 years
- Maximum number of terms allowed: n/a
- ASCLS Professional or Emeritus membership and reside in Region VIII; current member of Region VIII Council
- Recommended experience that would be helpful to someone holding this office:
- Previous state treasurer or Region VIII treasurer experience is very helpful.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Region VIII Council based on previous years’ expenses.
- Present the draft budget to Region VIII Council at spring Council meeting.
- Revise budget per Council request and present final budget to Region VIII Council at summer Council meeting.
- Reports to: Region VIII Director
- Other duties performed: Participate in Council activities
- Meeting attendance & travel requirements: Attend at least two (out of three) Region VIII Council meetings per year ¯ Jackson (during IMSS), spring video conference, and national meeting site (summer)
- Reports: Budget presentations at spring and summer Council meetings
- Deadlines: as assigned by Regional Director
- Average time commitment: Approximately 10-12 hours per year
- Financial considerations: Travel expenses and registration costs to national meeting where summer Council meeting is held are not covered by Region VIII. These are the responsibility of the Chair.
- Mentors: Regional Director, Region VIII Treasurer, other regional leaders
- Materials: Region VIII Guidelines, previous year’s budget, treasurer’s reports for the current year
- Helpful Hints & suggestions: Computer, e-mail very helpful.
- Contributions to the profession: Help maintain financial viability of Region VIII Council. Improve communication within the organization and the profession.
- Skills developed/enhanced: Budgeting, negotiation, communication
- Contacts / networking opportunities: Meet and develop relationships with colleagues throughout Region
- Travel opportunities: Jackson and site of national meeting.