Region VIII Council Member
- Liaison between state society and Region VIII Council.
TERM OF OFFICE
- 2 years, while serving as President-elect and as President from a state society within Region VIII
- Maximum number of terms allowed: n/a
- ASCLS Professional or Emeritus membership and reside in Region VIII, serving as President-elect or President from a state society within Region VIII
- Recommended experience that would be helpful to someone holding this office: Previous involvement within region or state society
- Disseminate information received from Council to State Society members and leadership.
- Provide input from state society to Regional Director and Council.
- Reports to: Region VIII Director
- Other duties performed: Participate in Council activities
- Meeting attendance & travel requirements: Attend at least two (out of three) Region VIII Council meetings per year – Jackson (during IMSS), spring video conference, or national meeting site (summer)
- Reports: Provide State Society report to Regional Director before each Council meeting
- Deadlines: as assigned by Regional Director
- Average time commitment: Approximately 3 hours in September and July, 1 day in March or April
- Financial considerations: Travel expenses and registration costs to IMSS and/or national meeting
- Mentors: Past Region VIII Directors and officers, Past state society presidents
- Materials: Region VIII Guidelines
- Helpful Hints & suggestions: Computer, e-mail very helpful.
- Contributions to the profession: Improve communication within the organization and the profession
- Skills developed/enhanced: Communications, leadership, meetings management, time management
- Contacts / networking opportunities: Meet and develop relationships with colleagues throughout Region VIII
- Travel opportunities: Jackson and site of national meeting.