Leadership Academy Coordinator
Region VIII Leadership Academy Coordinator
- Coordinate activities of Region VIII Leadership Academy; facilitate selection of Interns and faculty; mentor Interns.
- The Coordinator will work closely with the faculty and Region VIII Council to insure the successful coordination of the Region VIII Leadership Academy.
TERM OF OFFICE
- 3 years, coinciding with the term of the Regional Director
- Maximum number of terms allowed: May be re-appointed to a second term, but shall not serve more than two consecutive terms
- ASCLS Professional or Emeritus membership and reside in Region VIII
- Recommended experience that would be helpful to someone holding this office: Member of Region VIII Leadership Academy faculty or past Intern.
- Manage and coordinate program, working with faculty and interns to create the optimum learning experience
- Initiate Call for Interns, Update program materials including application form annually, and establish program calendar and activities.
- Serve as resource for Interns and Faculty.
- Reports to: Region VIII Director
- Other duties performed: Participate in Council activities
- Meeting attendance & travel requirements: Attend at least two (out of three) Region VIII Council meetings per year – Jackson (during IMSS), Teleconference (spring), and national meeting site (summer)
- Reports: Fall, Spring, Final reports to Regional Director
- Deadlines: as assigned by Regional Director
- Average time commitment: 3-5 hours/month
- Travel expenses and registration costs to IMSS or national meeting are not covered by Region VIII.
- The Coordinator shall be reimbursed one (1) night lodging at ½ the room at the location of the ASCLS annual meeting.
- Lodging is provided for Leadership Academy Faculty and Interns at Jackson.
- Actual cost of materials and supplies for acknowledged Leadership Academy activities will be reimbursed with receipts and approval of the RD, or Council.
- Mentors: Regional Director, other regional or national leaders, national Leadership Academy mentors
- Materials: Region VIII Guidelines, Curriculum materials in shared (Dropbox) folder
- Helpful Hints & suggestions: Computer, e-mail very helpful.
- Contributions to the profession: Help to enhance the strong leadership in Region VIII which is essential to the continuation of the Society. Improve communication within the organization and the profession.
- Skills developed/enhanced: Delegation, mentoring, communication, organization
- Contacts / networking opportunities: Meet and develop relationships with colleagues throughout Region VIII and at the national level
- Travel opportunities: Jackson and site of national meeting