Membership Development Chair
Region VIII Membership Development Chair
- Mentor and assist State MDC chairs within the region to recruit new members for ASCLS.
- Serve as a member of the national MDC committee, and as a communication link between and the state MDC chairs and the national MDC committee.
TERM OF OFFICE
- 3 years, beginning in the second year of the Regional Director’s term
- Maximum number of terms allowed: n/a
- ASCLS Professional or Emeritus membership and reside in Region VIII
- Recommended experience that would be helpful to someone holding this office:
- Previous state MDC chair experience is very helpful.
- Mentor state MDCs in all states in the region to carry out their position.
- Provide resources developed by the national MDC or Executive Office to assist the state MDCs in recruitment campaigns.
- Provide feedback to the national MDC about state and regional MDC activities and issues.
- Co-chair a regional New Member Forum with the Regional LDC chair.
- Reports to: Region VIII Director, National MDC Chair
- Other duties performed:
- Membership recruitment at Regional meetings.
- Participate in Council activities
- Meeting attendance &Travel requirements: Attend at least two (out of three) Region VIII Council meetings per year – Jackson (during IMSS), spring conference call, and national meeting site (summer)
- Reports: Fall, Spring, Final reports to Regional Director
- Deadlines: as assigned by Regional Director
- Average time commitment: Approximately 4-6 hours per month
- Financial considerations: Travel expenses and registration costs to IMSS or national meeting are not covered by Region VIII. These are the responsibility of the Chair.
- Mentors: National MDC committee members, Regional Director, other regional or national leaders
- Materials: Region VIII Guidelines, MDC committee materials, MDC Manual
- Helpful Hints & suggestions: Computer, e-mail very helpful.
- Contributions to the profession: Help to increase the size of the organization which is essential to the continuation of the Society. Improve communication within the organization and the profession.
- Skills developed/enhanced: Delegation, mentoring, communication, marketing
- Contacts / networking opportunities: Meet and develop relationships with colleagues throughout Region VIII and at the national level
- Travel opportunities: Jackson and site of national meeting.