Region VIII Treasurer
- Maintain permanent records of Region VIII Council funds, income and expenses
TERM OF OFFICE
- 2 years, alternating election years with the Secretary
- Maximum number of terms allowed: n/a
- ASCLS Professional or Emeritus membership and reside in Region VIII
- Recommended experience that would be helpful to someone holding this office:
- Previous involvement within region or state society
- Previous state society treasurer
- Experience with financial record keeping in a business or other organization
- Keep a permanent record of all Region VIII financial transactions.
- Pay bills and reimbursements to Council members, balance checking account.
- Assist in development of annual operating budget for Region VIII Council.
- Reports to: Region VIII Director
- Other duties performed: Provide records for audit by Audit/Budget chair.
- Meeting attendance & travel requirements: Attend at least two (out of three) Region VIII Council meetings per year – Jackson (during IMSS), spring video conference, or national meeting site (summer)
- Reports: Provide Treasurer’s Report at each Council meeting
- Deadlines: n/a
- Average time commitment: Approximately 3-5 hours per month
- Financial considerations: Travel expenses and registration costs to IMSS and/or national meeting
- Mentors: Past Region VIII Directors and officers
- Materials: Region VIII Guidelines
- Helpful Hints & suggestions: Computer, e-mail very helpful.
- Stay up to date with duties monthly.
- Contributions to the profession: Improve communication within the organization and the profession
- Skills developed/enhanced: Budgeting, financial accounting
- Contacts / networking opportunities: Meet and develop relationships with colleagues throughout Region VIII
- Travel opportunities: Jackson and site of national meeting.