Region VIII Secretary
- Record and distribute minutes of Region VIII Council meetings.
- Any other correspondence deemed necessary by the Council (letters, thank you cards, etc.).
TERM OF OFFICE
- 2 years, alternating election years with the Treasurer
- Maximum number of terms allowed: n/a
- ASCLS Professional or Emeritus membership and reside in Region VIII
- Recommended experience that would be helpful to someone holding this office:
- Previous involvement within region or state society
- Keep a permanent record of all minutes taken at Council meetings.
- Distribute minutes to Council members within 45 days of meeting.
- Reports to: Region VIII Director
- Other duties performed:
- Send notification to Council members at least 4 weeks prior to the next Council meeting.
- Transfer records to successor within 45 days of expiration of term of office.
- Meeting attendance & travel requirements: Attend at least two (out of three) Region VIII Council meetings per year – Jackson (during IMSS), spring video conference, or national meeting site (summer)
- Reports: see duties
- Deadlines: see duties
- Average time commitment: Approximately 3 hours per month
- Financial considerations: Travel expenses and registration costs to IMSS and/or national meeting
- Mentors: Past Region VIII Directors and officers
- Materials: Region VIII Guidelines
- Helpful Hints & suggestions: Computer, e-mail very helpful
- Contributions to the profession: Improve communication within the organization and the profession
- Skills developed/enhanced: Written communications, meetings management
- Contacts / networking opportunities: Meet and develop relationships with colleagues throughout Region VIII
- Travel opportunities: Jackson and site of national meeting.